If you are anything like me you are always on the go and when ever you pop into the garage there is nothing healthy to snack on, you try and be healthy by eating some nuts however even the nuts they sell at the garage are filled with preservatives and slat.
These delicious Super Food Hemp Heart – Chia Seed energy balls are an incredible on the go snack for you and your kids.
Its completely raw which means that non of the goodness has been baked out of it.
And its surprisingly filling.
Hemp Hearts are the most nutritious seed in the world, a concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, no starches, sugar or saturated fats. Good for weight loss, sustained energy, rapid recovery from injury, lowers cholesterol and they are more digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food.
My favourite brand is SYNERCHI ORGANICS
Cacao is a top source of anti-oxidants, contains an abundance of magnesium and iron. vitamins E, B2, B1, B5, B3 and B9.
1/2 Cup Organic Peanut Butter ( Fresh Earth )
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
2 TBS Cacao Powder ( Superfoods )
1/2 Cup Hemp Hearts ( www.synerchiorganics.co.za )
8 Pitted Dates
1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- In a NutriBullet or food processor, pulse together peanut butter, dates, coconut, and cocoa powder until dates are blended in.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in hempseed and oats until well combined and the mixture resembles a thick cookie dough. If needed, add more peanut butter or hempseed/oats.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Pick up each ball, pour Chia Seeds into a bowl and dip balls into the bowl, ensure the whole ball is covered.
- Place on waxed paper and store in the fridge until ready to eat.